Sunday, March 18, 2007

Once you go MAC...Elizabeth News...AIDS Walk NYC and Jon McLaughlin

Well…there's more to catch you up on.

I'm now…officially, a MAC person. Through a friend of a friend I got my own iBook MAC computer. I've had it a couple weeks and I'm really liking it. Just like everyone says, it is so easy to use and there's something that feels electronically and mechanically natural about it.

I have a small G4 so it goes with me…just about everywhere. Hopefully the user-friendly weight will encourage me to write more in the moment things are happening.

Now…some BIG NEWS for Elizabeth…on a lot of different fronts. A month or two ago she starting playing at a couple of different open-mic nights in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Her songs are being well received. Very well received. After less than a handful of shows, the club in Brooklyn offered Elizabeth her own 45 minute showcase and she accepted. At the end of the month she'll play her own show and I can't wait to be there to cheer her on (and to see if she plays some of the tunes I helped her write here in the living room of our Spanish Harlem apartment).

Find out more by visiting her site: www.lizsvoice.com


And speaking of the apartment, in other Elizabeth news…she's moving out on me and in with her boyfriend Nathan (who's making a move from Atlanta to NYC). She's been a great roommate and it will be an adjustment not having her here.

Back to me news…I've written already that I'm going to be an Uncle. Uncle Jason. That has a nice ring to it, right? I found out this past Monday that the baby I will be an Uncle to a little boy. I'll have a Nephew. I know there are some sonogram photos floating around, so I hope to have some sent my way and I can share them with you!

Coming up on May 20, 2007 I will be walking in New York City's AIDS Walk. This will be my 10th year walking. I walked for 8 of the 9+ years I lived in Atlanta and this will be my 2nd NYC walk. I'm excited about celebrating this milestone at this year's walk.

And…since I'm walking again, it means I'll be looking for sponsors again. It is so EASY to sponsor someone for the AIDS Walk and it's even easier to sponsor ME. Below you'll see a link to my AIDS Walk page (once again this year I'm walking with a team comprised of The Container Store employees) where you can donate. You can donate securely online using a credit or debit card.

Any amount that you'd be able to contribute would make a difference. AIDS Walks all across the country provide life-saving and life-changing programs and assistance for people living with HIV/AIDS. There is no amount too great or too small. $5 or $50…or even $500 dollars (I wouldn't complain) can help make a difference in people's lives.

Click here or cut & paste into your browers:
http://aidswalknewyork2007.kintera.org/jasondanielhood

I love sharing…so, with that being said: Jon McLaughlin…is someone you need to know. He's an amazing songwriter/pianist. I discovered him thanks to the world of MySpace.com and I'm completely taken by him and his talent. If you've visited my MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/jasondanielhood) then you've heard the song, Industry. I now have his video for the same song on my page. He's got an energy and passion that spills out onto the keys as he plays. He's someone you need to know…check him out.

You can visit his MySpace page by clicking below: http://www.myspace.com/jonmclaughlin


I have 2 other…LIFE CHANGING things to share with you…NEXT time. I won't wait so long between posts because I truly want you to know about some of the inspiring things that are at work in my life.