Wednesday, March 23, 2005

2nd UNofficial Post / ...it all continues

The more we rehearse - the more excited I get! It's going to be great...I think these shows will be the BEST way to close this chapter in my life.

Elizabeth and I rehearsed last night and she introduced her guitar into the mix. That will be new for us. I remain amazed at how talented she is...such an amazing voice and incredible pianist. At our first rehearsal, Monday night, she played a song she'd written (so add songwriter to her list of talents!). It had been a while since she'd played it and the lyrics came and went but I couldn't get over how radio-ready it sounded.

Between work, the rehearsals, selling parts of my life on eBay, trying to find an apartment in NYC (that we can afford!), trying to sell my car, etc. things can be overwhelming. I've been re-energized by all the emails, phone calls and watering-hold suggestions for the show. I'm THRILLED that people would remember so clearly something I've sung and want to hear it again...and in the case of some cases...DEMAND to hear it again. That means SO MUCH to me. As I've said on stage before, I LOVE introducing an audience to a new song or songwriter. I love finding a lyric or melody that just captures me. From that moment on I look forward to singing it for someone who's never heard it. In this day and age, those moments are rare. After the show they may hear the song again...somewhere, but your voice was the first one to sing it for them. Love that!

There are a couple of new songs that I can't wait for people to hear for the first time. Hopefully they will become songs people will one day "demand" to hear again.