Friday, April 01, 2005

- FIRST OFFICIAL POST -

No April Fool's day prank...this is it...the COUNTDOWN BEGINS!

God-willing, a month from today I will be moving into my new digs in New York City. The plan is to pull out of Atlanta on Saturday, April 30th and get half-way there. On Sunday, May 1st I'll roll into "the city that never sleeps."

The OTHER countdown in my life right now leads up to my last shows here in Atlanta. A week from tonight I will be taking the stage with my good friend Elizabeth in two special concerts. Rehearsals are going well even though I'm battling allergies. I walked out the other day and saw my first dusting of yellow pollen on my car. I quickly called my closest CVS and got my Allegra D refilled. I'm hoping that I got a jump on it. I'm congested and coughing quite a bit - but both are slowly subsiding. Allergies are the price I pay for my favorite season in Atlanta - Spring. I LOVE Atlanta in the Spring. The dogwoods, azealas and so many other flowering shrubs, trees and flowers. It's a gorgeous time to be here and I'm soaking in the beauty before I leave.

I'm trying to equally emerse myself in both the show and my move. When I'm not rehearsing, I'm packing - and vice versa. I've got my music collection boxed up and now it's on to my books (which will be a HUGE undertaking - not mention a heavy one.). I've done my share of moving around but there is still something about seeing your life reduced to boxes.

THANK YOU for the letters, phone calls, emails of encouragement and support. You have no idea how much they mean to me. Also, many people have written that they are looking forward to these journal entries which will chronicle my move to NYC and my adjustment to life there - which is VERY cool. I'm excited about keeping you posted.

Until next time...
J