Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm CELEBRATING!!!!

I’m celebrating that I went to the audition, sang, got a callback, went to the callback, and did…my best. I got an email this morning that I was not cast in the show.

The callback was last Friday night and lasted almost 2 hours. It was gloriously harder than I could’ve imagined. It was a dance callback. In a callback of 40 there were probably 5 truly non-dancers. I took 2 years of movement and it prepared me for the callback but I still couldn’t keep up. The choreography was intricate and fascinating. I loved attempting to learn it.

I had a wonderful time meeting other actors, dancers and singers. It was interesting to swap stories and listen to how people “make it” or how they just survive on a daily basis. It was also extremely to watch those there who were trained dancers. They could see a step twice and then do it perfectly…watch it a third time and they could teach it if they had to. It was beautiful…people so in tune with their bodies as instruments or tools that they can move precisely and make it all look so easy.

I’m also celebrating that I’m Atlanta-bound for a long weekend!

I turn 31 on the 25th of this month, so the weekend following my birthday (the 27th – 29th) I will spend in Atlanta seeing family and friends. I confess that just booking the flight put a lump in my throat. I miss everyone SO much.

This visit will be good for my heart.