Friday, August 25, 2006

And so it begins...

I was up and out the door early on this my day off.

I got home from work last night to several phone calls and three e-mails about the We Care concert. So I guess things are going to be moving faster now.

I jumped on a train and headed down to Columbus Circle to drop off the headshots, resumes and bio. The director left this morning for Fire Island to continue promotion and work on the show. He wanted to take multiple copies of my headshot and resume out with him to start circulating. That can’t hurt.

He will return to Manhattan on Monday and has scheduled a fitting for later that day. The home venue I’ll be singing at sits right on the beach and the dress of the event will be upscale beach attire. For my musical numbers I’ll be wearing an open black shirt, back dress pants and blank sandals.

My only critical note at the audition was that I needed more color between now and September 9th. I’m too white. I burn easily, so I’m going to gradually try and get some sun over the next few days.

I forgot to mention yesterday that when I left the audition, having mentioned earlier that I was from Atlanta, the director said I was bringing “ATL Soul” to the event. I like that label.
That’s it for now.