Friday, December 01, 2006

Home in Atlanta...Wedding Bells are Ringing

I’m home.

Well...home, Home, that is.

I’m in Atlanta.

I haven’t been here in almost a year...but still so much has changed. The city continues to grow and spread.

My first stop in Atlanta was Peachtree Publishers. I made rounds and saw everyone; co-workers and friends that I’ve missed terribly. I also got to be reunited with Arthur, the company cat. On my last visit, back in January of this year, Arthur hit from me during my entire visit. This time he was sprawled out on a desk near the front of the office.

I got to visit with everyone and also took a few minutes to do some Peachtree shopping. I collected books from all of m favorite authors. The Spring and Fall books for 2006 are just wonderful and I had to add them to my collection.

From the office I drove around and then made my way to the wedding rehearsal, followed by the rehearsal dinner. The dinner was at Anthony’s, an old Southern home tucked away, just off Piedmont Road. It was wonderful. The food. The wine. The laughter. The tears. All of it.

It was good to get to visit with Johnny and Laura Griffin, Allan and Stephanie Harp, and, of course, the Father and Mother of the Bride: Dennis and Gail Lewallen.

As Jake and Katy spoke, and handed out the most beautiful gifts, we were all moved to tears as they both shared the journey of their relationship.

From the dinner I headed south of the city to the home of my friend’s, Tom & Greg, where I’m spending the night. It has been a long day...between the bus to the airport...the plane to Atlanta and the driving everywhere else.