Monday, February 09, 2009

Words...Words...Words... -Shakespear

I'm on my way out the door to work, but I had to BLOG for a second about some of the new tunes I'm writing! I'm very excited with the new songs...especially Feast on Scraps.

Feast on Scraps is about making due with the little you have to work with. There are a lot of things that can get in the way of a relationship: friends, work, distance...and, well, life. You have to carve out your emotional space at times.

This new song is about trying to make a banquet out of scraps when you never get full. How long can you Feast on Scraps? There's the flip side to it as well...when you're left with scraps you enjoy every morsel.

There's the dichotomy.

For the first time in my BLOG-life, feel free to post a comment on this entry. What experience(s) do you have feasting on scraps?


(The title Feast on Scraps is taken from a line in the song Bent for You by Alanis Morisette)

No comments: