Monday, September 26, 2005

Atlanta...Here I Come...Again

Well…I’m heading back to Atlanta this coming weekend. Twice in one month – I can hardly believe it.

A few days ago I was invited to be flown back to Atlanta to sing. My dear friend and second Dad, Dennis Lewallen, is resigning from his ministry at Avondale First Baptist Church in Avondale Estates. As Dennis moves to another church and a new ministry it will be hard to leave the church that has been his home for most of his life. I’ve been invited to sing the last song he will direct there on Sunday morning and I couldn’t be more honored.

When asked if I would do it…my reply was, “What wouldn’t I do for Dennis?” Dennis was the first director to cast me in the Off-Broadway musical, Smoke on the Mountain. He has been a tireless supporter of me both on and off stage. He’s always believed in me, especially when I didn’t believe in myself. He always encouraged me to sing higher and stronger. God gave me my voice and Dennis helped me find it.

I’m VERY excited to be coming home (again) and I’m looking forward to singing the uplifting song, He’s Never Failed Me Yet. The song’s message of hope and love is exactly the kind of positive feeling he wants to leave with the congregation of the church. I’m absolutely THRILLED to be able to be one of the voices.

It will be a quick trip…but I hope to see some folks while I’m home and collect as many hugs as I can.
XXOO
J