Monday, July 04, 2005

4th of July & First "Real" Shift at the GAP

Happy 4th of July!

The day was low-key for me. I slept in and when I did get up it was all about washing dishes. Don’t know why but had a domestic vibe running through me this morning.

I worked my first shift – post training – at the GAP today. I was on the cash register most of the shift and it was fairly easy. The shift was really about putting into action chunks of what I’d heard during training. I retain things pretty well but for 3 days we had a lot of stuff thrown at us…things were (and did) fall through the cracks.

I can’t remember if I’ve written about the store and how huge it is. It is GAP’s flagship store and it sits on Broadway within the glow of millions of neon lights. It is four stories and around 4,000 people pass through the doors every day. I’m enjoying it because there is always something going on. It is always busy and people are always coming and going. I’ll put some pictures with this entry…
I came home and did laundry across the street (setting my third consecutive HIGH SCORE on Miss Pac-Man. I kick ass when it comes to some Miss Pac-Man). Then hung out on my roof a bit watching the fireworks. I could hear them more than see them, but it was cool to see blasts of color around the sky.