Friday, July 08, 2005

Brian & Kevin's NYC Visit

Had my first audition lined up today but wasn’t able to make it because I woke up sick as a dog. Don’t know if it was something I ate or didn’t eat.

I cleaned up a bit and got ready for the boys arrival. We had several people stay with us and it is always excited to me to play Host – no matter how limited our space is.

They arrived late this afternoon and we quickly got them settled before hitting the town. We had celebrating to do. I was delighted by their last minute visited but altogether thrilled to discover that today is their 3rd Anniversary. I’m SO happy for them.

We grabbed umbrellas and took the train down to Chelsea and had dinner at FOOD BAR. I discovered FOOD BAR back in December when I was visiting the city, but I hadn’t had a chance to get back there.
We had a great meal and then headed to Times Square to pay Elizabeth a visit. She was working at BROADWAY, NY. We spent some time at the store, it was just before the post-show rush, so Elizabeth had time to chat.

Damon was heading home from work and stopped by the store. His timing was great and I was glad that I could introduce him to Brian & Kevin. Damon headed home and the Boys and I headed into the heart of Times Square, which was a first for Kevin. He had never been to NYC before and his eyes were wide as he took in the brightness and energy of the heart of the city.

We walked along the sidewalk and took in the huge Toys-R-Us (with it’s indoor 4 story Ferris wheel) and the neon NYPD station – along with everything else. It is more than a tad overwhelming. We headed home the long way. We walked down to 42nd and turned passing my GAP and Bryant Park on our way to Grand Central.

We walked into Grand Central and Kevin and Brian took in the massive grandeur of the place. Its structure and design are beautiful and the building is a classic New York landmark.

We got on the train and headed home. The air mattress was inflated Hotel Hood was in business. The boys are making themselves at home and planning the weekend.. I’m heading to bed so I can be up early.