Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Bidding at Sotheby's

Today was a full, full day.

I was at the site and in meetings for most of the morning and then went to Sotheby's. Sotheby's is the world famous auction house that was established in 1744. I've been to Sotheby's one other time, but only to pick some things up. Today I was sent to bid. I spent the afternoon in and out of auctions spending money that isn't mine.

After bidding and winning the first item, I hit the street and started running errands. Today was, by far, the coldest day since I've been here. I don't think it went above 25 degrees today. I walked over from York to 2nd Ave. and the from 72nd Street down to 65th to pick up some vintage drapes. Then I walked over one more long block to 3rd Ave. and down to 59th Street. I ran through the D & D building to pick up a sample that wasn't there. Instead of risking frost bite I decided to take a cab back to Sotheby's.

I got back in time to bid and win the last two items.

It was a lot of fun watching the whole bidding proccess. So many beautiful pieces. So many collectors out for blood to get the items they want.

More good times...