Friday, December 02, 2005

The Reviews Are In...

The Color Purple opened on Broadway last night. It has been a long journey (8 years) for this show to make it here. I was in line yesterday to get one of the few tickets that were released back to the public for sale.

As I stepped up to the window the agent told me there was one ticket left. She went to select the purchase on screen and it was gone. So close, yet so far away…

I hate that I couldn’t be there last night but I was there in spirit.

The reviews are in!

"BLESSED WITH TALENT. A bright odyssey of survival and triumph with a fairy-tale sense of wonder, 'Purple' strikes sparks." - Ben Brantley, The New York Times

"VIBRANT & WINNING! Oprah Winfrey's favorite new musical is blessed by glowing performances from a sisterhood of talent." - Clive Barnes, New York Post

"PURE HEART! It celebrates inspiring relationships of faith and love. LaChanze is A MARVEL! A BROADWAY HIT!" - Elysa Gardner, USA Today

"A sweeping story that's impressively intimate and EXCEPTIONALLY MOVING,with DYNAMITE PERFORMANCES. 'The Color Purple' SINGS TO THE SOUL!A WINNER!" - Roma Torre, NY1 News