Thursday, March 30, 2006

Guess Who?

It was a gorgeous day…actually, our first truly warm day, and as I was walking up 7th Avenue I saw someone walking towards me. The woman was tall and seem to be too bundled up for such a warm day.

She wore a bulky black coat, hate and sunglasses. When we got even with one another my eyes met hers behind the sunglasses. From the side the tint of the glasses was light enough that I could see her eyes.

Just below the sunglasses was one of the most recognizable mouths in American cinema.

Once she passed me, I had to stop. I turned and watched her walk away. Her gait was the same as I’ve seen in many of her movies. I hadn’t been dreaming. It was her.

Have just begun Previews in the Broadway play, Three Days of Rain, the night before – her photo was on the cover of the New York Post this morning, which explained her extremes in concealing her familiar facial features.
Julia Roberts.

No comments: