Wednesday, December 19, 2007

New Traditions...NYC Christmas 2007

I worked all day…then caught a local train back to the city (Local train means my ride back to Manhattan will be 45-50 minutes instead of 22 minutes when on an Express). I slept the whole way, missing my usual stop at Harlem – 125th Street and waking up in Grand Central.

That’s happened to me before…after a long day. I fall asleep and miss my stop. Last night it was part of the plan.

I went from the Train to the subway and heading down to Union Square at 14th Street. From there I took another train West over to W. Village. I got out and met up with my friend CeCe. He’s subletting a great apartment in the heart of the Village. Very old and very fun.

From there the two of us met up with Elizabeth and her friends from Atlanta/now turned NYC neighbors: Erin and John (whom I call Biscuit. He’s a pastry chef. As nicknames go – It’s a leap, but it works for me).

The five of us walked to Starbucks were we ordered coffee or hot chocolate as dictated by our likes. We added a little “kick” to them and then headed out in the city.

We did a caravan of the department store windows that NYC is famous for.

First stop: Macy’s.

I can hardly even describe them. I can’t…I just can’t. The pictures will have to do it for me.

(see below)

From there we met up with Elizabeth’s roommate, Louis, and then together we were all back on the subway heading uptown. We exited at Rockefeller Center, just under Radio City Music Hall.

We each became tourists and start snapping pictures left and right.

(see below)

From Rockefeller we walked up a few blocks and tried to take in the brilliance that is the windows of Bergdorf Goodman’s.

Wow. If I was at a lost for words trying to describe Macy’s…this final stop blew me away completely.