Sunday, July 08, 2007

Any moment now...I will be an Uncle.

The contractions started yesterday. I was really hoping that my nephew would make his debut tomorrow. How cool would it be to have birthday of 7's?

07/07/07

Talked to my brother and all's well. They've been to the hospital and they've been sent back home. They're doing lots of walking and walking...so any time now.

In completely unrelated news...

I'm seeing Transformers tonight with some friends from work. Words can't describe how excited I was to know that some of my favorite childhood icons were coming to the big screen. Last night I stopped by the theater to pick up my ticket (just anticipating tonight's crowd) and I was walking to the theater - Christian Slater was walking right towards me.

Only in NYC.

A couple nights ago...I was saying goodnight to some friends staying on the Upper West Side and I decided to walk through the park to the East side (my side of town) instead of taking the subway. As I walked along 82nd street, I noticed some runners stretching. I was plugging in my iPod when I realized that one of the was Matt Dillion.

Again...only in NYC.

On the theater side of things...

I was at the closing of IN A DARK, DARK HOUSE last night. Amazing cast and incredibly dark and real play. I remain completely in awe of Frederick Weller. I think he may just about be one of the best stage actors of my generation. I saw him in TAKE ME OUT years ago. Edward Albee's SEASCAPE last year. A couple of months ago he was on Broadway in SOME MEN. He's just incredible to watch on stage.

My new roommate Thomas celebrated the 4th of July with me a the musical, GREY GARDENS. It was my second visit to the Beales and one I was glad I made given the recent notice that the show will close at the end of month.

It's summertime which means lots of shows will close...making way for whatever's next....one show that still needs a home on Broadway is IN THE HEIGHTS. So...fingers crossed...

More later...

No comments: