Monday, July 09, 2007

You read it here FIRST...

In just a few hours I will be in a store-wide meeting. We'll be covering lots of different things - but the meeting will wrap up with an announcement. An announcement that will have me leaving New York City.

During this meeting it will be announced that I've accepted a promotion and new position with The Container Store family. Starting next Monday I will be a Sales Trainer for TCS and will be working out of our store in White Plains, NY.

So...technically, I'm not leaving NYC - I just added that for dramatic effect. I'm keeping my apartment and my life in the city will stay, pretty much, the same. I am trading in my 15 minute commute downtown for a hour long commute outside of the city.

I am very excited about this new chapter and so thrilled that the opportunity was presented to me and I had so many champions along the way orchestrated a move that would benefit me and the company.

This new position will allow me to work with the store in White Plains and other stores across the country, helping to ensure that both our employees and our customers have all the tools they need to be successful.

In other news...

-The baby's coming...still. More on that when it happens.

-TRANSFORMERS was awesome. I had a great time seeing the 80's fleshed out in a whole new way in 2007. I look forward to feature film versions of the Thundercats, the Smurfs and He-Man and She-Ra.

-It's hot. No getting around it. Last week's INCREDIBLY cool weather is gone and the humidity is back and on it's way to hitting the temperatures where I start swearing. So many people think that NYC is a weird city...with weird people. I don't think that NYC is any weirder than the next city. We may just have more crazy per square mile. The other day I was walking down the side walk and the man in front of me was yapping away on his cell phone. Nothing weird about that, right?

Right.

Well...when I looked closer...I noticed that this well-dressed, professional, middle-aged business man was talking on the phone, yes, but he was also doing double duty carrying his water bottle...on his head.

I guess he needed his other hand to gesture with while on the phone. Because it's NYC and it's me...I whipped out my camera and snapped a picture to share with you.