Thursday, July 12, 2007

Day Off...New A/C and No Phone

So today was one of the those extremely low key kinda of days.

My phone was killed by water damage (or so the folks at Verizon tell me). I haven't been swimming with it or anything but that's the listed cause of death. Having budgeted my July, I didn't allow for replacing a phone.

Considering I was one of the last people on the planet to get one - I'm just going to relive those days again for a week or so. It isn't the end of the world - though it is funny how quickly you become dependent on something.

Today I made a CRAIGSLIST.org connection and got a air conditioner for cheap. A husband and wife we're moving to Philly and it wasn't going with them. So...I walked across the island and then jumped a bus over to the far west side.

They lived in an elevator building - nice plus when carrying a a/c unit. I had money set aside of the air conditioner but didn't want to take a taxi unless I absolutely had to. As I walked out of the building there was a bus waiting. I hopped on...road down a few blocks and then jumped onto another bus that would take me back to the east side. The bus (the M116) actually takes me a block from my apartment.

The unit is now in the window and my living room can actually be lived in.

The hottest days arrived earlier this week and they were stifling. I knew I would need some relief before we get any further into July.

Now it has arrived...hand delivered by yours truly.

I jumped in the shower and made a quick run down to Bryant Park for Broadway In The Park. The cast of IN THE HEIGHTS was performing and I got there just in time to catch the last song. After the performance I got to see most of the cast and catch up briefly.

It's been a good day of do nothing.