Friday, April 28, 2006

The Lieutenant of Inishmore

Today I saw the play that will walk away with the TONY Award this year.

The Lieutenant of Inishmore

Hysterical.

Gory.

Witty.

Disgusting.

I had no idea what to expect on my “Pseudo-date” tonight at Lyecum Theater. This Irish play was incredible from start to finish. It is very, very dark and violent. It is also clever.

I can’t say much about the play without giving too much away, except that it is brilliantly written and acted. The play, and especially the ending, have been kept well under wraps.

What I can tell you is…it is set in 1993…it deals with the IRA…and…a cat.

But that doesn’t give a lot to go on.

The show was a sell-out Off-Broadway and opens on Broadway soon. I predict that it will win the TONY Award for Best Play this year and that in a couple of months it will be THE must-have ticket on Broadway.

Visit: www.lieutenantofinishmore.com