Sunday, April 09, 2006

Rabbit Hole

Today I went to the closing of the Broadway play, The Rabbit Hole. The show sported an all-star cast that included Cynthia Nixon and Tyne Daly. I think the show got mixed reviews when it Opened at the beginning of the year, but personally I’d heard nothing but good things about the play.

I wanted to see it and I did. There were limited seats left to the show’s Closing performance and I was surprised and thrilled to nab a seat on the last row for very $25 (those sitting beside me paid close to $100).

The show is about how a family copes with the accidental death of their 4 year old son. The play explores how different people process grief and loss and how each person’s timetable is different.

I’m so glad I didn’t miss this play.

Also enjoying the closing performance of Rabbit Hole: screen legend Lauren Bacall and incredible stage actress (and Tony Award winner for the play Doubt) Cherry Jones.

Visit: http://mtc-nyc.org/RabbitHole/index.htm