Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bowling with the Rockettes...Yep, You Read that Right

A lazy Sunday morning...afternoon...evening.

Before Antuan’s show, he and I met up with one of my dearest friend’s, April. She’s no stranger to this Journal - having visited NYC back in the Spring. She had sessions to attend during the morning, so we met up with her for a late lunch/early dinner.

When April and I use to have mini-reunions in Lakeland, FL, we would usually wind up at The Olive Garden. Trying to keep in tradition, we asked where the closest one was, were given directions and then loaded up in the rental car.

Over lunch we were able to catch up, talk books, share life lessons, and April and Antuan were able to get to know one another. Last night, when trying to make plans for today, Antuan said, “I want me some April time.”

And they both had it.

It was great being able to introduce them and let them discover their common bonds (outside of knowing me) and begin building a friendship of their own.

After dinner, we said our goodbyes and Antuan and I rode back to his suite. We did some napping and then he was off to the theater. I stayed at the hotel and caught up on reading and card writing.

When he came home, still high on the adrenaline of the show, phone calls were made and we were off to a local bowling alley.

A relationship is a journey and a discovery.

Tonight I discovered that my boyfriend is quite the bowler.

Toward the end of his first frame he bowled a “turkey.” Do you know what that is?

Neither did I.

It is when you bowl 3 Strikes in a row.

Wow. Who knew?

He bowled with the cast and I cheered him on (I also played the role of evening photographer). It was a fun, fun night and a great way for the cast to wind down from the evening’s show. It also was a low key way for me to get to know some of his cast mates better (half of the show’s cast was back at the hotel watching a taped copy of the night’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy.).

Day Three in Nashville: FUN