Saturday, November 25, 2006

It Happens in 3's

It happens in 3's...or so they say.

Yesterday and today, I helped Alice TV star and film actress, Celia Weston. I normally let entertainers come and go in the store without saying anything film/TV/music related. I feel that they’re technically ‘off’ and are just going about their day.

But...

I just watched the amazing independent film, Junebug, a couple weeks ago and I had to tell Ms. Weston what a remarkable job she did in that project.

So I did.

She was pleasant and gracious and a little embarrassed with what she called her “dirty, day-after-Thanksgiving hair.” It just made her all the more charming and personable.

Interesting side story...

Tonight down at our store in Chelsea, my roommate Elizabeth was waiting on a lady that looked VERY familiar to her. Elizabeth spoke to her as she was helping her check-out her order but couldn’t place the face or the voice - though both seemed memorable. Elizabeth finally asked the lady if there was a reason she should look so familiar. The lady smiled and said, no. Elizabeth continued working on her order and then before she finished asked the woman one more time if she should recognize her from somewhere or for some reason. The woman again said no. The woman then collected her bags and left the store. Elizabeth’s co-worker said simply, “That was Jody Foster.”