Sunday, November 19, 2006

Last Day in Nashville...Quiet Time and Waffle House

My last day in Nashville.

Very low-key. Just Antuan. Just me.

We slept in. Hit Waffle House one more time. Watched TV. Talked about Christmas Lists.

Then...

Before we knew it, it was time to head to the airport. When I checked in I discovered my flight was slightly delayed. That bought us another hour.

I rode with him to fill the rental car up (so it would be returned FULL) and then we dropped the car off.

We shopped around the airport gift shop and then sat down across from a photography exhibit entitled, Obscured View. Very clever. It was a mini-gallery of photos taken at National Parks, out of car windows, etc. where the main focal point of the photo - let’s say Mount Rushmore - is obscured by someone’s elbow, a random family passing by or the car’s outside mirror.

Basically, all of the photos you usually throw out or delete, have their own showcase.

Then...

Goodbyes.

Anyone who knows me, knows I never do goodbyes well. If I cry at commercials for coffee, you can bet I’ll tear up when saying goodbye to someone I care about.

I settled into my seat on American Airlines a man very aware of my blessings. Not just aware, but grateful.

Day Four in Nashville: Thankful