Saturday, November 11, 2006

An Unexpected Reunion

A bittersweet reunion today with two of my oldest friends, Ben and Shane.

Shane lives here in New York and earlier this week she lost a quick, harsh battle with Cancer. Ben, who lives in Phoenix, flew in for the funeral.

Before I went to work, we met up for breakfast at a small diner on 56th Street not far from my store. We ate, looked at pictures, shared stories, etc. and then walked over several blocks and went into Central Park.

Finally Fall has arrived in New York. The leaves were changing and people were skating. We walked through the park, down the mall and to my favorite spot: The Bethesda Fountain. We were running out of time and still had to walk back to my store.

It was a short but long over due reunion. It was great to see both of them and just being together for a couple hours reminded me of why we became friends and the bond we each share.

No comments: