Friday, April 08, 2005

...After the Show

I'm just getting in from the first of my final shows. It was a great show.

The show was so different. It's more bare bones. Simple. It's all about the music. Style-wise it is a departure from the ones I've staged before but people still seemed to really respond to it. Everyone loved the new music and seemed happy to hear familiar songs.

It was great to see so many friends, fans and family sitting out there. Some had driven hundreds of miles to be here. That still amazes me. That people would want to travel to hear me sing is an incredible feeling. Looking out there sometimes I think what could I possibily sing or say that would make it worth the trip.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night...but it will be hard to say goodbye to people and the music. I don't know when I'll sing some of these songs again or when I'll see some of these people again. Both are such wonderful parts of my journey.

I'm so grateful.