Sunday, April 10, 2005

...morning after.

Last night was the last concert here in Atlanta. I was absolutely incredible. Everything flowed perfectly. Elizabeth & I were both relaxed and settled into the evening. We were both greeted by a resounding amount of applause. Several people stood and applauded as we walked to the stage. It amazing to get that kind of acknowledgement when you've yet to sing a note.

It was great seeing people's reaction to different songs. People got excited when the heard the opening to a song they'd come expecting to hear. Songs like His Eye is on the Sparrow, Elaborate Lives, Defying Gravity, Whistle Down the Wind, and Stars and the Moon got the biggest response. Elizabeth sounded wonderful and stole the first act with Girl in 14G.

The whole evening...and the experience of both shows...is something I will take with me. I will miss Atlanta audiences. Their love and support is tangiable from the moment you hit the stage.