Saturday, April 30, 2005

A Heaven of Peanut Butter Cups

My dear friend Greg has joined me on my road trip. We left early this morning and headed North. When Greg got to my apartment I was crying. It was so much harder to leave than I had prepared myself for.
The truck is packed to the ceiling. I’m moving both Elizabeth’s stuff and mine. When I moved to Atlanta 8 ½ years ago everything I had fit in the back of a car. I don’t know where I collected so many things…but I have.
It is suppose to be 10+ hours from Atlanta to Richmond, VA. Greg and I allowed for 11-12 hours. Somehow we made it in about 7 hours. I don’t think we were going that fast.
We stayed with my brother Tim and his wife Janet. They have a great townhouse just North of downtown. We relaxed and played with Regan (their 5 month old chocolate Labrador Retriever). He’s gotten SO MUCH bigger but still has a lot of puppy characteristics.
We had dinner and then went to Friendly’s for dessert – my only request. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup sundae (with extra peanut butter and hot fudge)…HEAVEN. The ultimate comfort food when you're leaving behind your friends, family and everything secure in your life.