Monday, April 04, 2005

Steroids & Baby Cheeks

Yesterday I said goodbye to the closely trimmed beard I’ve been sporting for the last couple of months. Since my headshot is on the concert flyers around town and on the website…I thought I should look as much like me as I can for the shows this coming weekend. So, the baby cheeks have officially returned. The beard didn’t really hide them but it did act as a distraction.

After struggling through a rehearsal Saturday afternoon it was evident that I needed help with my allergies. It hurt to talk or sing and I had an incredibly painful sinus headache that wasn't letting up. After church yesterday I decided to embrace the beauty that is my insurance co-pay and see if I could get back in singing shape in time for the concerts. So I spent most of the afternoon at my Dr.'s office. The verdict: A sinus infection was settling in and the only chance of getting over it and being able to get my voice back was steroids.

So, the nurse gave me my first round of steroids by shot and I was sent on my way. Of course I didn’t leave empty-handed. I had a week’s worth of steroids and prescriptions to hopefully get me over the infection.

I'm taking a small break from packing and resting as much as I can. Hopefully the steroids and antibiotic will do whatever they're suppose to do.