Sunday, June 19, 2005

Lennon Moving In

Today was my first day working at Theater Circle – the theater bookstore. I love the feeling of the store. It has a completely different vibe than the BROADWAY, NY store. It has that bookstore feeling to it that I know and love.

I LOVE everything about theater life…even the technical side of which I know nothing about. There are huge cases, sprayed with the
Lennon logo on all sides, lining the sidewalk outside of the theater. The marquee over the theater looks really cool.

On my break I walked along 44th Street and looked at Lennon finding a home at the Broadhurst.

I haven’t heard any of the music from the show but I’m intrigued. It is a cast of 6 people – 3 men and 3 women – different colors and ages. I do know that throughout the show all 6 will, at some point, play John Lennon. I think that is a very different and creative take on telling his life story. The choice was made to reflect the universal power of his music and message.
Visit:
www.lennonthemusical.com