Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Ark (NOT a Commentary on All the Rain in NYC of Late)

Elizabeth came back late last night. She’s been in Atlanta celebrating her birthday with her family and boyfriend, Nathan. She worked for a couple of hours in the morning and then had a dance glass.

I returned my furry little friend and took the train to Brooklyn to make a Target run. I met up with her afterwards and the two of us ventured off-Broadway to see a new musical called, The Ark.

The show is a rock, pop, r&b, and gospel musical re-telling of Noah and the Genesis’ story of The Great Flood. The show is now in Previews, I think it opens next month. The show had some rough spots (which will probably be worked out over the next couple of weeks) but what problems it had it made up for with a talent and heart. I think this show is an ideal family show. It’s great for kids but has enough power and pull to keep adults enthralled.

You can hear some of the music on their site. Check it out if you have the time and the inclination. If you’re planning a visit NYC any time soon…ask me about getting tickets.
Visit:
www.thearkmusical.com