Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Producers on Bway & Sir Paul at The Garden

I haven’t stopped in almost a week. It’s been one red-letter day after another and it just keeps getting better!

I worked all day yesterday and today. Both days went straight from work to something fabulous. Arleta said she couldn’t come to New York and not see a Broadway show. I tried on and off all day to get really cheap (read: free) tickets but it was too late of notice. So I hit the TKTS booth in Times Square and I got ½ off tickets to The Producers. The show has been around several years but, believe it or not, I haven’t seen it.

We had good seats in the Mezzanine but all the theaters are so old in New York that most of them aren’t equipped with elevators. So the stairs (down to the bathroom and up to the Mezzanine) were murder on Arleta’s knees. We managed and really enjoyed the show. It was the perfect choice for Arleta…it encompasses everything people expect from a big Broadway show…like Dirty Rotten Scoundrels – there’s dancing, singing, acting…lots of lights, great costumes, etc.

We had a great time.

Then tonight, after work, I met Arleta at her hotel and we went to Madison Square Garden to see Paul McCartney in concert. I’ve been to a lot of concerts but I must say, I’ve never seen anything like this. At 60+ he’s got the most amazing stamina. He play for close to 3 hours. It was remarkable. He went so long that I treated myself to a cab so I could get home and get in bed.

I had a great time with Arleta and she’s gotten great seats just off to the side of the stage. I had a good time dancing and singing along with the thousands of people there. I glanced over at Arleta a couple of times and I could swear that I saw a teenage light shining through her. She was screaming and singing at the top of her lungs.

It was a magical.
It is late and I have to be at work early in the morning…so this is quick.