Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rain, Rain Go Away & Seeing a SLUT

As gorgeous as last week was when Elizabeth’s parents were here and Arleta arrived…this weekend is the complete opposite. There’s more rain. It is overcast and, for the first time, cold. The kind of day when you have to wear a jacket to go outside.

I woke up this morning to find Elizabeth’s friends sleeping in the living room. Talk about great houseguests - I was asleep before they got in and I never heard a peep

I slept in for a little bit - which is really what my body needed. I had been on the go for over a week…working 10-11 hours a day, shows, flying to Atlanta, out with my girl Arleta, hitting the town with Elizabeth’s parents, etc. I needed to sleep. And sleep I did.

I revisited the new off-Broadway show, Slut: A Wholesome Musical Comedy. Elizabeth and I saw it opening night of the show’s preview. We laughed and enjoyed the show a lot. We were a little put off because the theater’s a/c was broken and we were sweating as much as the cast up on the stage, but still we had a good time. There were parts of the show that didn’t seem to gel and holes that we figured would be fixed during Previews.

Seeing the show for the second time (for under $5!) – this time with the a/c working – was much better experience. The show was more entertaining and the cast seemed to be completely in sync. The show is shallow but not without heart. Very entertaining and the music and lyrics are so catchy that I left the theater STILL singing a long.

Andy Karl, the show’s leading man, was also in Altar Boyz and it is nice to see him helming a show on his own (with a lot of talented support from a great ensemble – an ensemble that includes another Altar Boyz alum.).

Visit:
www.slutthemusical.com