Monday, October 03, 2005

Back to Work & Dinner with Arleta

Monday’s are my early days. Yuck.

Two days ago my friend Arleta arrived from Atlanta. She’s never been to NYC and I’m so glad she’s here. This is a BIG trip for her. She’s been wanting to come and visit me and when she heard that Sir Paul McCartney would be playing Madison Square Garden for 4 nights…she decided to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

She got here on Saturday afternoon, probably about the time I was trying to figure out how I would repack all my clothes plus my Target purchases. She’s spent the last two days exploring NYC at her leisure and tonight we met up for dinner.

She met me just outside the Apthorp, the apartment building where my boss resides, and we rode across town on the M79 bus and ate at small place on 3rd Avenue. It was a quiet restaurant with a small crowd – perfect for us.

We ate, drank a bottle of wine, ordered dessert, and caught up on each other’s lives.

She gave me two wonderful books call Manhattan on Film (volumes 1 and 2). They are great books that I’d heard about but hadn’t picked up. The books provide you with walking guides around NYC to places where some of the most memorable scenes in film were shot…where Barbara Streisand said goodbye to Robert Redford at the end of The Way We Were…where Audrey Hepburn shot Breakfast at Tiffany’s…and hundreds more

More reasons to keep exploring this great city.

Today was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It was cool and crisp. The sun was out and there was just a great energy in the air. I’m so glad it is nice while Arleta’s here.
All the energy in the air plus my body playing catch-up from the weekend has left me exhausted. So, I’m heading to bed early tonight…