Friday, October 28, 2005

Eric Arrives Pre-Halloween

A friend from Kentucky, Eric, arrived tonight…late. He’s here for a long weekend to take in all the Halloween festivities.

It will be great to see him again (he was my first semi-house guest when I moved up May 1st. We hung out during his layover on the way to Paris.) and together we’ll explore Manhattan.

I met him at Port Authority and we headed home and met up with Elizabeth for dinner at Orbit (a great jazz restaurant literally just around the corner).

Eric and I caught up on the train ride. I filled him in on my future/hopeful work on the Julie Taymor film. As I started talking I saw all these pieces coming together in my mind that I hadn’t really considered…

On Broadway a month or so ago, I saw the musical Lennon which was based on the life of John Lennon. Then I went to the Paul McCartney concert with Arleta. Two weeks ago I ordered the first two Beatle Anthology CD sets.
I kinda feel destined for the Julie Taymor film…can’t wait to see how it all plays out.