Monday, August 17, 2009

HAIR - The Movie

Peace. Flowers. Freedom. Happiness.

So my good friend Rebecca passed along the movie version of the musical HAIR. She'd heard me ranting and raving about the Broadway revival of the musical and couldn't believe I hadn't seen the film.

The movie is very different from the current incarnation running on Broadway. The story is more fleshed out in the film and the stage version lightly supports a story while exploding the music.

One thing the movie has that I'm loving is choreography by the legendary Twlya Tharp.

I love the whole vibe and energy of this musical...gives me the feeling that I was born at the wrong time in history.

I think what I respond to is the images of peace, love and expression. Those are voices we desperately need these days.