Saturday, August 15, 2009

Heading Home to NYC

I'm NYC bound and enjoying the free Wi-Fi at the Tampa International Airport.

I was hoping to snag an early flight back...and I could've...for $50. It would've gotten me home 2 hours earlier, but I couldn't justify it. Then I checked in and discovered to check just one bag it would be $20.

So it was $20 I had to pay vs. $50 I could pay...so I took, literally, the lesser of two evils.

The airport has amble electrical sockets, so I can charge my computer....catch up on Facebook-ing...and work on a couple new songs (Bring Me Bruises is one I finished today...look for it in a future post).

Last night I was able to meet up with some old friends in Titusville and enjoy an incredible seafood dinner at Dixie Crossroads. I don't have a lot of traditions or rituals...but when I'm vacationing in Cocoa Beach, I set aside one night to go to Dixie Crossroads and indulge.

And that's just what I did. Lobster, Rock Shrimp, Scallops, Crab legs, etc. Delicious.

I woke up early this morning and went out on the small balcony and just soaked in the humid beach air. I listened to the waves crashing as the sun rose slowly over the water.

It wasn't long before I had to be a part of it.

I put on my swimsuit and hit the beach for the last time.

This time I didn't spend time stretching out in the sun. I went straight to the water. I dove, swam and rode waves for an hour or so. There was a small storm over night and that brought in a lot of strong rolling waves. I considered it Poseidon's parting gift.

I packed things up and headed west. I'm here 6 full hours before my flight and making the most of it.