Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Lost in Boxes & Natalie in AVENUE Q

Boxes... boxes…more and more boxes. I’ve spent all day moving some boxes around just to get to other boxes.

I found all of my CDs and DVDs as well as all of my clothes. I got all of my CDs and DVDs organized. I went through all of my clothes and hung what I could and folded what I couldn’t. Getting my stuff out and organized is making me feel more settled.

More reality set in as I said goodbye to my desk. I had described my new apartment as “cozy” – well, it is VERY, very cozy (read: small). When I got the apartment several weeks ago and took the pictures (visit:
www.lizsvoice.com to see pictures of the apartment), it seemed much bigger than it does now with all of our boxes in it. My friend Damon (who’s been living here in NYC for almost 10 years) explained to me that New Yorkers tend to do more with less.

So, I’m putting “Doing More With Less” at the top of my To-Do list.

Yesterday, I got to check my email for the first time and was absolutely THRILLED to read an email from my friend Natalie Gray. We met during the run of JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT and became good friends. When I started putting together my first semi-autobiographical cabaret, Natalie was one of the first people I called to see if she wanted to be a part of it. She said yes and we spent two of the three weeks together.

In an email from her on Monday I read that last Friday, after three callbacks, Natalie was offered the role of “Christmas Eve” in the Broadway musical AVENUE Q (which won the TONY Award last year for Best Musical.). She will be in NYC in July to start rehearsals and will open the show in Las Vegas later in the summer. I am SO happy for her. She will wonderful in the role and I’m really looking forward to seeing her when she gets to NYC.

If you don’t know the musical AVENUE Q…it is HYSTERICAL! It’s like watching “naughty” Muppets.
www.avenueq.com