Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ashes and Snow

Today Elizabeth and I put up the rest of my book shelves. My room is FINALLY coming together. I will have before and after pictures to post soon…it’s come a long way. After giving away my bookshelf my books remained boxed up in the corner of the living room. After a week, I couldn't stand it any more. My books are like decorative friends and I hated having them boxed up. So, I took them out and stacked them all around my room. It wasn't the most functional set up but at least they were "free."

Today was a “Pay What Can” day at the Pier 54 gallery where Ashes and Snow is being exhibited. Admission is only $12 so it isn’t like paying full price would break the bank, but – of course, until Elizabeth and I get more money coming in, we decided to graciously pay what we could.

When I was visiting NYC in April to find an apartment, Damon asked me if I wanted to check it out. We went down and were just blown away by it. You must see Gregory Colbert’s in person to appreciate. It is just breathtaking.

I love the message and layers to his exhibition, Ashes and Snow, and I had wanted to go back before it closes. With the final date less than a week away, I was glad we were able to go down.

I don’t know where Mr. Colbert’s work will travel next – but – if you get a chance to experience Ashes and Snow. Don’t miss it. Until you see it first hand, visit the website below and read about his work.

www.ashesandsnow.org