Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Post-Toronto & PICTURES

I got back from Toronto Sunday night. The sales presentation went very, very well (insert pat on the back here). The Canadian reps seemed very excited about our new titles and hopefully that excitement will translate into $$$ for them and for Peachtree.

This morning I got my New York Driver’s License…well, a piece of paper saying that I will have my driver’s license in the next week or so. I received my Social Security Card in the mail yesterday - the two weeks somehow became just 5 days. I was very surprised to see it.

I took my new SS Card and all the paperwork from last week up to the DMV this morning. There was a line around the block waiting for the office to opened. I looked longingly into the blue sky and sighed (I really didn't but I thought my Journal could use some slight dramatics). We all filed inside. Within half an hour I completed MORE paperwork, they took my Georgia license, I paid $40, and was on my way out the door having been told that I’d have my new license in about 1- 2 weeks.

Of course it wasn’t until I returned the calls of two agencies this morning that I realized I now have no photo I. D. for the next 1 – 2 weeks. You need a photo I. D. for everything. Oh, well…what can I do? We’ll file this twist under Yet Another Bump in the Road.
I think I’m close to figuring out how to post pictures to my Journal....you should find, either above or below this post, pictures from my new hometown, New York City.